RTP Scholarships in Australia Provide Financial Aids 2019 – The Australian Government Research Training Program RTP Scholarships scheme is funded by the Australian Government and provides tuition fees offset and stipend to top quality international postgraduate students who wish to enroll in a research degree at Australian universities.
On 31 December 2016, the International Postgraduate Research Scholarship(IPRS) discontinued and was followed by the Research Training Program (RTP). RTP scholarships in Australia provide financial aids on the calendar year basis, to higher the education providers (HEPs) to support both overseas and domestic students. applicants who are commencing Research Doctorate and Masters degrees, known as the higher degrees by research (HDRs).
BASIC INFORMATION ABOUT SCHOLARSHIPS
DEADLINE: varies, April-Oct (annual)
HOST INSTITUTE: Practicing institute in Australia
DEGREE: Master Degree and postdoctoral fellowship
FIELD: Masters by research degree or Doctorate Degree offered by participating Universities in Australia
TARGETED AUDIENCE: international and domestic graduate students.
SCHOLARSHIPS AWARDS and FUNDING:
Under RTP, the University gives one or more of financial support:
• An RTP Fees pays for tuition charges of the higher degree by research (HDR) student that would have been financed by a student. It requires that a university offset tuition fee applicable for a student fully. It is not the allowance.
• The RTP Stipend to support students with their living expenses while offering a higher degree.
• RTP grants to help students with the ancillary costs of a higher degree by research (HDR). It covers relocation costs to undertake the HDR, HDR thesis scholarly and printing publication expenses and health cover charges for recipients and their minors.
RTP scholarships are open for the maximum period of two years for a research master OR the minimum of three years, up to a maximum of four years (at the discretion of the HEP) for the research doctorate.
MANY SCHOLARSHIPS: not mentioned
To be eligible for an RTP Stipend, Fees Offset or Allowance, the student should be a domestic or overseas student registered in the accredited HDR course of study at the Australian HEP. Check Section 1.5 of the Commonwealth Scholarships Guidelines (Research) 2017 for the criteria.
- International and domestic graduate students are Eligible.
HOW TO APPLY?
- You will send the request for the RTP award to participating universities. Every university has its application and selection procedure. Please contact your preferred institute to discuss how to apply for RTP scheme.